Updated on August 19, 2016
1. INFORMATION COLLECTION
Users of the Forge Platform may be either Clients (a company that utilizes the Forge Platform) or Users (individuals acting in her/his own accord or who is authorized by a Client to use the Forge Platform and to whom Client (or Forge at Client’s request) has supplied a user identification and password). Users may include, for example, Client’s employees, consultants, contractors and agents, and third parties engaged in business transactions with Client.
a. Information You Provide to Us – Registration
In order to use the Forge Platform, you create an Account (“Account”). If you register, we collect certain Personal Information from you, including your name, email address, phone number and all Personal Information or other information you provide in the registration form. We generally collect information from you so that we can facilitate your use of the Forge Platform, and to otherwise provide or improve our Forge Platform. We will not use your Personal Information for any purpose incompatible with this Policy unless we provide you notice and an opportunity to opt-out (or opt-in, to the extent required by applicable law).
- Personal Information: In the course of using the Forge Platform including registering for an Account, we may require or otherwise collect information that identifies you as a specific individual and can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information“). Examples of Personal Information include your name, username, photograph, email address, postal address, social security number and phone number.
- Identity Verification: We may collect Personal Information, such as your date of birth or taxpayer identification number, to validate your identity or as may be required by law, such as to complete tax filings. We may request documents to verify this information, such as a copy of your government-issued identification or photo or a billing statement.
- Other Information: We also may collect other information, such as zip codes, demographic data, information regarding your use of the Forge Platform, and general project-related data. We may aggregate information collected from Forge registered and non-registered users.
b. Information Received from Third Parties
c. Information Collected from Users Automatically
We and our third party service providers, including analytics and third party content providers, may automatically collect certain information from you whenever you access or interact with the Forge Platform. This information may include, among other information, the browser and operating system you are using, the URL or advertisement that referred you to the Forge Platform, the search terms you entered into a search engine that led you to the Forge Platform, areas within the Forge Platform that you visited, and other information commonly shared when browsers communicate with websites. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve services we offer you and to improve marketing, analytics, and site functionality.
The information we collect also includes the Internet Protocol (“IP“) address or other unique device identifier (“Device Identifier“) for any device (computer, mobile phone, tablet, etc.) used to access the Forge Platform. A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned or connected to the device you use to access the Service, and our servers identify your device by its Device Identifier. Some mobile service providers may also provide us or our third party service providers with information regarding the physical location of the device used to access the Forge Platform.
The technology used to collect information automatically from Forge Users may include the following:
- Cookies: Like many websites, we and our marketing partners, affiliates, analytics, and service providers use “cookies” to collect information. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your computer’s hard disk for record-keeping purposes. We use both persistent cookies that remain on your computer or similar device (such as to save your registration ID and login password for future logins to the Forge Platform and to track your compliance with the Forge Terms of Service) and session ID cookies, which expire at the end of your browser session (for example, to enable certain features of the Forge Platform, to better understand how Users interact with the Forge Platform and to monitor aggregate usage by Users and web traffic routing on the Forge Platform). You may be able to instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all functionality of the Forge Platform.
- Web Beacons: We and our marketing partners, affiliates, analytics, and service providers may also employ software technology known as “web beacons” and/or “tracking tags” to help us keep track of what content on our Forge Platform is effective and to serve relevant advertising to you. Web beacons are small graphics with a unique identifier that may be invisible to you, and which are used to track the online activity of Internet users. Web beacons are embedded in the web pages you review or email messages you receive. Web beacons or similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count visitors to our Forge Platform, to monitor how Users navigate the Forge Platform, to count how many emails that were sent were actually opened, or to count how many particular articles or links were actually viewed.
- Embedded Scripts: We and our marketing partners, affiliates, analytics, and service providers may also employ software technology known as an Embedded Script. An Embedded Script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Forge Platform, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your computer or other device and is deactivated or deleted when you disconnect from the Forge Platform.
In addition, we and our marketing partners, affiliates, analytics, and service providers may use a variety of other technologies (such as tags) that collect similar information for security and fraud detection purposes and we may use third parties to perform these services on our behalf.
d. HOW WE RESPOND TO DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
Please note that your browser setting may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to websites and online service you visit. Like many websites and online services, Forge does not alter its practices when it receives a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com/.
e. User Profiles
You may have the opportunity to create a profile, which consists of information about you, and may include Personal Information, photographs, examples of your work, information on work previously performed via the Forge Platform and outside the Forge Platform, skills, tests taken, test scores, hourly pay rates, feedback/rating information and other information, including your username (“Profile“). The information in your Profile may be visible to all or a subset of Users of the Forge Platform subject to the privacy choices you make within your Profile. You may edit certain information in your Profile via your Account and may choose to limit who is able to view certain content you post to your Profile. Clients of associated individual users or companies may also have the opportunity to create an organization Profile. If, in any case, you believe that an unauthorized profile has been created about you, you can request for it to be removed by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. USE AND RETENTION OF INFORMATION
WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT:
- To provide and improve the Forge Platform, complete your transactions, and address your inquiries, process your registration, verify the information you provide is valid and for compliance and internal business purposes;
- To contact you with administrative communications and Forge or Client newsletters, marketing or promotional materials (on behalf of Forge or third parties) and other information that may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the instructions in the Choices and Opting Out section, below;
- To tailor content we display to you and offers we may present to you, both on the Forge Platform and elsewhere online;
- To administer and develop our business relationship with you and, if applicable, the corporation or other legal entity you represent;
- To enforce and comply with the law, including to conduct an investigation, to protect the property and rights of Forge or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, fraudulent, unethical or legally actionable activity. We may also use Device Identifiers to identify Users;
- To aggregate and analyze data from Users and Clients to provide market research for other Clients and third parties.
- We may use your Personal Information to alert you to jobs, communities, or other communal aspects of the Forge Platform that may interest you, contact you about administrative matters or your experience using the Forge Platform, to improve our Forge Platform, and for our other business purposes,
- Some Personal Information may be shared with third parties, as described below.
3. INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
We may share aggregated and non-aggregated information that does not identify you personally to third parties. We do not share your Personal Information with third parties for those third parties’ marketing purposes unless we first provide you with the opportunity to opt-in to or opt-out of such sharing.
- Information about individual Users Shared with Clients: We share information regarding Users working on a Client project, including ratings, work history, and other information on Users collected on the community portions of the Forge Platform with Clients. Note that if a User is suspended from the Forge Platform, we may share that information with Clients for whom that particular User has worked or applied for work. If you choose to apply for work with one or more Client(s) via the Forge Platform, we will share information relevant to your application with the applicable Client(s), including, but not limited to, the information contained in your Profile.
- Service Providers: We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Forge Platform, to provide the Forge Platform on our behalf, to perform Forge Platform-related services (e.g., without limitation, a User’s immigration status verification, back-ground checks on Users, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and online advertising, payment processing, fraud detection and improvement of the features available in the Forge Platform) or to assist us in analyzing how the Forge Platform is used. These third parties may have access to your Personal Information in order to perform these tasks on our behalf.
- Legal and Investigative Purposes: Forge will share information with government agencies as required by law or applicable regulation, including without limitation, in connection with employment issues, claims or other legal requirements involving employees or Clients. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), at the request of governmental authorities or other third parties conducting an investigation, to protect the property and rights of Forge or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, fraudulent, unethical or legally actionable activity. We may also use emails, Device Identifiers or a combination of various data elements to identify Users, and may do so in cooperation with third parties at our discretion.
- Internal and Business Transfers: Forge may share information, including Personal Information, with its subsidiaries, and affiliates, primarily for business and operational purposes. We may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our assets, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets (including, in each case, as part of the due-diligence process with any potential acquiring entity) or in the event of bankruptcy.
4. THIRD PARTY ANALYTICS PROVIDERS, AD SERVERS AND SIMILAR THIRD PARTIES
Forge works with (or may in the future work with) network advertisers, ad agencies, analytics service providers and other vendors to provide us with information regarding traffic on the Forge Platform, including pages viewed and the actions taken when visiting the Forge Platform; to serve our advertisements on other web sites, within mobile apps and elsewhere online; and to provide us with information regarding the use of the Forge Platform and the effectiveness of our advertisements. Our service providers may collect certain information about your visits to and activity on the Forge Platform as well as other websites or services, they may set and access their own tracking technologies on your device (including cookies and web beacons), and may use that information to show you targeted advertisements, or for data aggregation or analysis. Some of these parties may collect Personal Information when you visit the Forge Platform or other online websites and services. We may also share certain information that does not identify you personally in connection with the services they provide to us or other third parties.
While we may use a variety of service providers to perform advertising services, some of these companies are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) or the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA“) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. You may want to visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp, which provides information regarding targeted advertising and the “opt-out” procedures of NAI members. You may also want to visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices, which provides information regarding targeted advertising and offers an “opt-out” by participating companies in the DAA Self-Regulatory Program. You may also opt-out by clicking here. Please note that opting out through these mechanisms does not opt you out of being served advertising, and you will continue to receive generic ads while online.
5. YOUR CHOICES AND OPTING OUT
Registered Users may update their choices regarding the types of communications you receive from us through your Account. You also may opt-out of receiving marketing emails from us by following the opt-out instructions provided in those emails. Please note that we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to your Account or use of the Forge Platform (for example, administrative and service announcements) via email and other means and these transactional Account messages may be unaffected if you opt-out from receiving marketing communications. You may opt-out of receiving text messages by replying “STOP” to any text message received. Registered Users who access the Forge Platform may, with permission, receive push notifications. Similarly, registered Users who access the Forge Platform by using certain desktop browsers may, with permission, receive push notifications. Notification preferences can be modified in the “Settings” menu for the mobile application or the applicable browser.
6. CHANGING YOUR INFORMATION OR CLOSING YOUR ACCOUNT
You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your contact information, and you must update any changes through your online Account. If you request to access all Personal Information you’ve submitted, we will respond to your request to access as soon as we can. If you completely delete all such information, then your Account may become deactivated. If your Account is deactivated or you ask to close your Account, you will no longer be able to use the Forge Platform. If you would like us to delete your Account in our system, you can do so through the Forge Platform in the “Settings” menu. We will attempt to honor your request; however, certain information will actively persist on the Forge Platform even if you close your Account, including information you posted to the Forge Platform or that Clients or other Users posted to the communal portions of the Forge Platform or in certain aspects of the Software Module(s). In addition, your Personal Information may remain in our archives and information you update or delete, or information within a closed Account, may persist internally or for our administrative purposes. It is not always possible to completely remove or delete information from our databases. In addition, we typically will not remove information about you or that other Users or Clients posted publicly through or on the Forge Platform. Bear in mind that neither you nor Forge can delete all copies of information that has been previously shared with others on the Forge Platform or which has been posted by others on the Forge Platform.
Forge takes steps to help protect and secure the information it collects and stores about Users. Remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Thus, while we strive to protect your personal data, Forge cannot ensure and does not warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
8. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
9. GENERAL AUDIENCE SERVICE
The Forge Platform is general audience and intended for adult users. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone younger than age 13. If we become aware that a person younger than 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files. If you believe that Forge has collected Personal Information from your child, please contact us at: email@example.com.
10. LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Our Forge Platform contains links to other, third party websites. If you choose to click on a third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s website. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites and have no responsibility for their practices. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit Personal Information from you. We encourage you to read and understand the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
11. PUBLIC PROFILE
The profile you create on our site will be publicly accessible unless otherwise indicated. You may change the privacy settings of your profile through your Account portal.
12. CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS – YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident and you have questions about our practices with respect to sharing information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes and your ability to exercise choice, please send your request to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org; or write to us at the following mailing address: Forge Technologies, Inc., 2443 Fillmore St., #526, San Francisco, CA 94115.
You must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the subject field of your email or include it in your writing if you choose to write to us at the designated mailing address. You must include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. We will respond to you at your mailing address or, at our option, your email address. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.
13. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
14. CONTACTING US